Saturday, March 29, 2008

April Fools Day Came Early At My House!


I've already played my April Fools Day prank, a bit early, but so what? My wife loves doing the Crossword puzzle in our local paper The Oklahoman . She does this in the evenings as a way to relax. I am often asked to help on some of the clues, particularly those that deal with sports and history. Friday, I got a copy of the paper in the morning, and I looked up some of the clues I thought she might ask me about. It took a while, but when she asked me where the headquarters for the National Soccer Hall of Fame, I told her it was in Oneota, NY. Then when she asked who the 2-time Jack Nicklas award winner was, I told it that it was Jay Haas. I was really impressing her, but she got rather suspicious when I knew the old name for the capital of Guam was Agana! I then told her, "April Fool!" She had to admit that it was a pretty good joke.

No comments: