Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Teaching at Rose State College

Sunset looking from the Rose State College campus
I'm teaching once again at Rose State College in Midwest City, OK in eastern Oklahoma County. I've been there more or less steadily since 1991. Midwest City is the location for Tinker Air Force Base, a major logistics center servicing AWACs and B-52 Bombers, among other military flyware.

I enjoy being able to spend some time teaching adults. The average age for my classes must be somewhere in the early 30's. I get many military personnel and Tinker employees along with those who have figured they need a college degree if they are going to get very far in life.

This Fall semester I am teaching Composition I & II in two 8-week segments on Mondays and Wednesday nights. As I said, it's a pleasant change after dealing with teenagers all day long.

No comments: