Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This and That on the Way to the Dream

Today was pretty much an average day accept for the student who pulled the false fire alarm.

I did not know who it was until she came into my class and dumped a cup of water over another student.  He chased her out before I knew what was happening.

It's never dull at my school.

There are those times when you feel that it would do less damage in the long run just to quit school early and let us all go home to recharge for next year.  I attended a seminar when the man giving the seminar proposed a true year round school.  Obviously, he has not been in the classroom in a very long time.

One teacher told me that the worst thing about the job is the feeling that no matter what one does it makes no real difference. School is a lot like church. You have to have a lot of faith to make it all work.

My seniors are being sent out into the world. I have faith that all of them will find their own path to success and happiness. What is it the Declaration of Independence says, "...the pursuit of happiness"?  I pray that I have given them some of the tools to make it a successful pursuit.

No comments: