About Me

My photo

I am a high school English teacher in an urban high school in Oklahoma City. I am a member of the American Federation of Teachers, Local 2309. I am a Democrat, a union activist and a worker for social justice. I also am a Christian (Congregationalist). I play chess and coach our school chess team.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Today, I was leaving the drug store when a woman got out of an expensive sports car to enter the pharmacy. On her car bumper, she had a sticker that said, "Put Government on a Diet." I said to her, "Put government on a diet? That's how you get New Orleans!" She very intelligently replied, "Huh?"

1 comment:

JJ Glendenning said...

Amen, people want a smaller government, yet they want a knight in shinning armor. You can't have it both ways, either the government of today (or better yet tomorrow) or the government of the early 1900's. Either they are there for you from birth to death, to build a society of greatness, spur the economy, aid those in the hunt of medical cures, or there for national security only and that is it.


JJ Glendenning