Sunday, November 27, 2005

Me with the Love of My Life

Always There
by Lynn for Cat

You have burned your image into my world.

I’ve studied every line of your face, every glance of your eyes so much that each face I see is merely a variation of you.

I know the pitch, the timber of your voice so well that I hear it in the lyrics of a singer, the conversation of passers-by, the laughter of those in love.

I sense the pace, the motion of your walk so that I note when pedestrians walkers imitate you.

I’ve memorized the shades and textures of your skin so that each sunrise takes its hues from you and the earth takes its shades from you.

I feel all the swells of your body, all your curves so deeply that I feel the hills and the valleys are but an extension of you.

I feel as though you are with me at all times and in all places that I find you in the rush of fleeting impressions.

No comments: