Thursday, June 19, 2008

Seattle v. Professional Basketball Corporation (Sonics)

Clay Bennett "Halloween Mask"

Right now, the city of Seattle is trying to keep the Sonics at Key Arena for the remaining two years of their lease. The Sonics owners, called the Professional Basketball Corporation or PBC, want to be able to buy out the remaining years on the lease.

The trial is being done in front of a judge, not a jury, so it's hard to tell how it's going. I think the city will win this one, but I also believe that the Sonics will be in Oklahoma City eventually.

I'm following the trial, not because I am a big NBA sports fan, but because points of law like this fascinate me. I probably ought to study to be a lawyer, but that likley won't happen for various reasons mostly dealing with time and money.

No comments: