Thursday, December 29, 2005

Pure Oklahoma

Anyone can love the mountains, but it takes a soul to love the prairie.

I am coming to my favorite time of the year, the time just after all the holiday fuss and rush into a time of relative peace. For me, as I grow older, the new year is less a time of celebration and more a time of reflection. I like to reflect on what I have done over the past year and what I must do during the coming year.
I also like to get out into the country, out into Western Oklahoma where the Great Plains begin their calm journey towards the Rocky Mountains. I call this time of the season "Pure Oklahoma" because the state's landscape is laid bare and open for all to see. So I will be taking my mini-trips out west soon. I will stop by the side of the road or travel down rural paths to take in the great wide expanses. And renew my soul for the coming year with its duties and struggles.
May you have the best of years. May we find peace.

1 comment:

Rex Maximilian said...

Great picture. Oklahoma does have its own kind of beautry!