Sunday, January 24, 2016

Good News Post



This is a stock picture, not a Centennial Student
QL transferred to our school in the middle of last semester. She was put in a class that had several very poor, disruptive student, and she got involved in several of their antics.  I asked for some help in that class, and she was one of the students I asked to have moved to a different class.

Our wonderful counselor got busy and moved QL to a different hour for the beginning of second semester.  QL came back with a new attitude in the new class, and so far she has been a very good student.  She makes sure that she does her class work. She helps me do things like pass back graded work.  She even lets the other students know that she is not getting involved in disruptive behavior.

I always like being able to call parents with good news as I did with QLs mother.  I know that sometimes the teenager will rise to the surface, but it's been like I'm dealing with a different young woman.

Good things do happen at Centennial.

No comments: